We all know that drinking enough water not only aids in weight loss, but staying hydrated provides so many other health benefits as well, including clearer and more beautiful and glowing skin for your BIG day! As I mentioned in a previous post, I used to not drink a lot of water. I was continuously dehydrated and experiencing negative side effects that I never knew/thought were related to my lack of hydration. But surprise surprise… they were!
I had a hard time shifting my mind and body to drinking more water so I had to try different tricks till I found one that worked for me. I was finally successful by setting specific goals for myself (certain water amounts by certain hours of the day) and now, if I don’t drink enough water during the day, I feel off.
Believe me though, I get it. Drinking water can be SO boring!! Especially when I’m drinking a gallon or more every day. And… who likes boring?! I don’t 🙂 So, if you’re having a difficult time drinking the proper amount of water each day, here are two tricks that I found were helpful and tasty!
- Find a reusable, BPA free, see-through water bottle that holds at least 32 ounces (the less ounces, the more times you will need to refill your bottle) and that you don’t mind writing on.
- With a permanent marker, make lines at every 8-10 oz. for every hour between 8am and 6pm (adjust hours if you wake up/go to bed at different times). So, if you get up at 7am, set your first line (8-10 oz.) for 8am. Then another at 9am, 10am, etc. until you reach 6pm. The key is to make sure that you have drank the allotted amount of water before each hour is up. This will help you to drink between 88 and 110 ounces per day. As your body adjusts, feel free to increase the number of ounces you are in-taking every hour.
- If you don’t feel like doing the marking and math on your own, check out the pre-marked and motivational bottles at Blogilates Designs.
Make It Fun:
- Dice up and freeze a month’s supply of fruit like raspberries, strawberries, lemons, limes, oranges, or whatever other fruit you’d like and add it to your water bottle. It not only keeps your water cold but it flavors it as well. Eat the fruit at the end and you’ll be on your way to getting your fruit servings in each day!
- Try different combinations to infuse into your water until you find ones that you like best. Another cool trick is to freeze lemon juice in ice cube trays and pop them in there.